 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1270
Re: Ever seen this brick?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 18 May 2002 16:59:07 GMT

In lugnet.build, Rodney Gentry writes:

It may be Tyco. I know they have a slope which is 1x2, just sloped. Another
possibility is Coko.

I had some of the old Tyco bricks, and checked it against them, to no avail.
Coko I have never heard of.  It is the same ABS as lego bricks though.

  Sorry I couldn't comment earlier--I didn't even see this thread until I
spotted the image on Brickshelf while browsing your fantastic fire engine
models.  To answer your question, Frank is indeed correct--it's TYCO.  I have
about 25 of these pieces, and they also come in 1x4 in the same "backless"
style.  You're also correct about the quality of the ABS; TYCO is often
regarded as the only "worthy" clone brand, since the plastic was nearly equal
to LEGO.
  If you'd like, I can look a little further and try to find at least one
example of a TYCO set in which this part was found.  Let me know if you'd be
interested in more info.

     Dave!
(Hop-Frog would no doubt have answered this question if he'd spotted it!)