 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1243
Re: New MB Battle Bloks RC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:34:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Paul Maxwell writes:
Also, I noticed a teaser for something called "Dragons" that is coming out in
the fall. The look like they could be minifig scale, but I'm not sure. If they
are minifig scale, they will be a new type of minifig for MB (they looked more
like Blockmen knights). They do talk about building in the teaser and show
about 10 knights and one dragon, however I saw no blocks.

My guess is mini scale because of a certain stoutness in the figure design.

These little guys look VERY tough -- I think they could probably kick the
butt of any comparable lego castle mini.  And you won't hear me complaining
to have more weapons -- esp. a set of bludgeons.  Messy icky death!

And while I like 'em, these figures might be a little too detailed (ditto
for the dragon) -- and I hope they don't actually have the antiquing.  I
like the kinds of figures they produced for their castle-themed mechas a
lot, I expect these will be similar. Or so I hope...

Kinda reminds one of how TLC is surely missing the boat on current castle
stuff, esp. with LOTR featuring heavily for the next 4 years or so.  As it
stands, it surely feels like they have all their eggs in the fad-ish HP
branded basket.  Big misteak!

-- Hop-Frog