 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1146
Re: New Pro Builder set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:47:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
Not my auction, and I won't be bidding:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1694328970#DESC

I found this set at a local Wal-Mart, and I regret to say that it's
actually kind of disappointing.  It has a fair selection of chrome elements
and the usual good assortment of bricks, not to mention two new wheel types
and a good piece:price ratio of 255:$9.84.  However, the design isn't that
great, and the kit is fairly flimsy when built.
I'm not sorry that I bought it, but I feel bad for the guy who "won" the
auction with buy-it-now for $19.99.

   Ack, for that you'd be better off with Future Force 'mechs.  Much
   better off, in fact.

   best

   LFB