 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1092
Re: What brand is this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:55:21 GMT

Actually, PVC can be molded into moderately detailed shapes. There is a model
railroad materials company (evergreen I think) that makes trusses, I beam,
tubing, and etc. out of PVC. It's much more slippery than styrene, requires a
different glue, and doesn't take paint nearly as well. But since NO ONE ever
glues or paints their building bricks, guess that doesn't matter.

On the cloning note, Christina from WAMALUG mentioned that she got a auction
purchase of slopes that was something like 60-40 clone to real LEGO. She said
the slope and texture on the slope were identical, as though some one had made
molds and was duping the LEGO bricks. The really suspicious thing was the
return address label was a plastics company... hmmmm....