 Model Team / 797
Re: new 2003 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 00:33:15 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jason J. Railton writes:
In lugnet.technic, Kirby Warden writes:
This stuff is great!!

All the spacecraft are brilliant - I particularly like the Arianne 5 and the
shuttle.  The truck is amazing, though I think the helicopter and boat are a
little too plain.  They're clearly intended to compete with the MegaBloks
models of this size, but dare I say it they don't look as good as some of
the things MegaBloks have done.  It'll be interesting to see if the price
points are anywhere near competitive too.

Jason J Railton

I don't mind the helo and boat being a little plane-looking.  And I am also
sure they are intended to compete with MegaBloks.  But I don't buy MB and
have been waiting for this stuff from Lego for about three years now!  MB is
too laden with 2x4 bricks.  I bought the blue jet for my son and put it
together for him; I was almost overwhelmed at how many 2x4 bricks there
were, the building process was entirely uninteresting for me...he loved his
plane though!