 Model Team / 350
Re: Liebherr LTM1400 scale 1:15
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.events
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 02:42:18 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Geoffrey Hyde writes:

"Michael Edwards" <medwards@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message
Oh my word!!!

Is that a 5571 in the pic???? That is one big crane!!!

It would appear so.  It has been added to extensively, and is now carting a
large semi-trailer unit behind it, as well as having had a pneumatically
operated liftarm fitted to it.

Would like to see more closeup pics of the crane, and some words from Ron on
how he built it.  It would appear that he's also found some way of making
large hydraulic pistons, although if those 2x2 rounds are as porous as I
think they are, they're there mostly for decoration and he's either setting
it by hand or using something internally to achieve the effect.

My guess is they're not functional - just slide in and out - the boom is lifted
some other way (be interested in how though!).

I was thinking of doing a telescopic crane like that, but use a long rack &
pinion system disguised to look like hydraulic rams. Guess I'll just shelve
that idea now 8?(

ROSCO