 Model Team / 344
343  |  345
Subject:
Modelshow Europe in Ochten, April 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 18:05:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Write down in your calender: Modelshow Europe in Ochten, Netherlands: mid
April 2002. Don’t mis it!

During this show more than 200 exposants (!) shows their models. You can see
models in the field of cranes, heavy haulage and construction equipment in
every scale (1:87, 1:50, 1:24, 1:16 and exotic scales). Next to these you
can also see many LEGO-models. Every year I meet other LEGO-enthausiastics
who would like to participate in this show. During the latest edition there
where about ten LEGO model makers and there will be more to see next year.

Some guys has LEGO-cranes (Liebherr LTM1800, DEMAG AC650, DEMAG crawler
crane). My friend Ron Jansen is now building a great model of the DEMAG
CC12600, scale 1:24! I’ve already seen the undercarriage, it’s very big!!
First he will create a start-up with a 2.5 metres high main boom. Hopefully
the crane is ready for the next show in Ochten. If he has enough pieces (and
money) he maybe will try to make a jin above it! This crane is of the Van
Seumeren company in the Netherlands (Mammoet). Unfortunately he hasn’t got a
website but when I ask for permission I will show some of his work on my
website.
He has already built a Liebherr LTM1400, schale 1:15. I a big shame he had
to destroy this model, because he needed the pieces for his new creations
(just like in my situation when I got the LG1550). The nicest thing was that
we had the cranes at the same time!

I hope Evert van Wichen will be present with his Kobelco crawler crane (work
in progress). He told me that he was very enthausiastic and would like to
show his masterpieces to the visitors.

I hope to be in Ochten next year with the ‘renewed’ Hitachi CX700 pile
driver. This week I changed some small things. It is possible to lift up the
leader within ten minutes! Next to this model I still have the Liebherr
excavator. Soon I will start building a DAF 95XF with a ballast trailer.
Mostimes I have about seven metres of table length and I always try to bring
some new models with me.

If you would like to read more about this event, please take a visit to
http://www.modelshow-europe.com. I can asure you that will have a great stay!

Dennis Bosman