 MediaWatch / 931 (-10)
  Lego mentioned in Nova broadcast, "Battle of the X-Planes"

"Battle of the X-Planes" was on Nova last night. It was about the Joint Strike Fighter contract competition between Lockheed's X-35 and Boeing's X-32: (URL) showed a clip of one of the engineers (I can't remember which company) assembling one of the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego Lays Off 160, Citing Slow Sales

(...) I'm betting lots and lots. I know no kid that likes that show... (...) Hopefully the 2003 line stuff we've seen is a portent of better things to come... (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego Lays Off 160, Citing Slow Sales

(...) I wonder how much of that overstock is Galidor? (...) Time to get back to basics? I hope so. Allan B. (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Another use for Lego mentioned in the current FineScale Modeler mag

In the tips and techniques section of FineScale Modeler, a reader suggested using Lego bricks to make molds for casting your own parts for plastic models. Apparently the compound used to make the copied parts does not stick to Lego so it makes an (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  IndyLUG Mentioned in Lansing State Journel

To All, Rick Hallman asked me to post this to LUGNET, as he is having posting problems. Man, it might be nice if the Lansing State Journel found out about MichLUG, but I digress! ;) Here is Rick's post: In today's edition of the Lansing State (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Thieves ignored money - stole LEGO!

Found in a Swedish paper, Expressen ( (URL) ): (URL) translation: "Thieves ignored money - stole LEGO OFFENBACH. The thieves could have stolen computers, cash and other valuables. Instead they took - LEGO. The remarkable burglary took place in the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.se)

  Lego Lays Off 160, Citing Slow Sales

Lego Lays Off 160 Workers, Citing Slow Christmas Sales in U.S., Germany The Associated Press COPENHAGEN, Denmark Feb. 3 — Danish toy maker Lego said Monday it cut its work force in Denmark by 161 because of a slowdown in retail sales during the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO Stanley Cup and Player seen during NHL All-Star Game

Hi all, Just thought I would mention that before the NHL All-Star Game started, there was about a 15 second glimpse of the LEGO Stanley Cup plus a Western Conference Player during the "This game is brought to you by...." segments. Good thing they (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: ABC’s Latest Brickmation Video to Air on MTV

(...) Gallery" and my video is now available for viewing online. When you go to the page linked above you'll find my video is the fifth one down from the top - look for the thumbnail pic of the mini-fig bluegrass band. Enjoy! Greg (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: ABCs Latest Brickmation Video to Air on MTV

On 20:26 01/28/2003 +0000, Greg Perry wrote (...) TiVo thought it was Clone High, so I wouldnt have seen it otherwise :-) (...) Thanks for warning us it was up (the exact time was handy too... would have been hell to catch otherwise!). Always nice (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact