 MediaWatch / 744
Re: LEGO(r) mentioned in "Alice" promo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 07:14:31 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> writes:
San Francisco CA has a station called "Alice" (locals no doubt know the call
letters and freq, I just know where it approximately is on the hotel
radio)... the following is from memory and maybe not quite right

KLLC, I believe.

A promo I just heard for their morning team "Noname and Sarah" related how
Noname (that's his name, honest, it's on the buses) went to FAO S. in NYC to
get a gift for his niece, and got geeked out at all the toys they had. Sarah
asked "but did they, like, have any toys like we used to have, you know,
like blocks?" to which he replied "ya, the LEGO(r) section was awesome, out
of this world. I could not believe all the stuff, I almost ended up with
like 300 dollars worth of LEGOs... it was intense. I'm a geek!"

My only question to that is "almost" ??? What stopped ya?

Because he knows that FAO Schwartz is overpriced, that's why!

BTW, as long as you're in SF, there's an FAO there, too.  But it too
is overpriced.  You'll do better at Target (pronounced Tar-zhay, of
course).

--Bill.

                      Verbing weirds language.  --Calvin