 MediaWatch / 734
Re: Wall Street Journal Article on Executive Training
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 01:47:52 GMT

"John Heins" <Johnmhiii@aol.com> wrote in message
The Wall Street Journal has an article entitled "To Do: Schedule Meeting;
Play With Legos" today (August 16, 2002) on the front page of the
"Marketplace" section.

Commenting on the Lego Company effort to license Corporate Training and
Development using Legos, the article discusses this whole approach, • pointing
out that other management consultnts have been using "toys" as part of • their
programs for years.

"What's more, many management consultants already use Legos in their
strategy sessions and don't see a need to pay the Lego affiliate hefty • fees
of $3000 for a 6,500-brick package and $5,000 to train each consultant."
......"We just go to Toys "R" Us and buy Legos ourselves...."

Whoa.....what's the piece cost of that package?????

Given my extensive inventory and what I get for teaching robotics and such
to kids, it may be time to change careers....  ;)

I didn't get a chance to read the article earlier today (a co-worker had a
copy of WSJ with him) and I don't have an online subscription (if you do go
here http://online.wsj.com/article/0,,SB102943951112095835,00.html) but I
would guess that if you dig into it you'll end up at Serious Play -
http://www.seriousplay.com.  There was some LUGNET threads on Serious Play
about a year ago.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com