 MediaWatch / 71
  'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

Last night on WWTBAM one of the players' early questions was 'Which of the following would be considered a plush toy?' A) A Beanie Baby B) A Lego set I can't remember C and D but they were both fairly useless. Good to see they said Lego set and not (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

(...) This must be a UKism, as we don't use that phrase much. Beanie Babies are "stuffed animals" I think. Of course, stuffed doesn't carry quite the negative connotation in the US. ++Lar (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

(...) Actually I wouldn't agree. You're confusing two different types of "toys". Stuffed animals are stuffed with different materials than most Beanies (which, by definition, are usually filled with beans). "Beanie babies" is quite a common name for (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

(...) I think Larry meant "stuffed animal" as opposed to "plush toy." :) That is how I read it, at least... Jeff "Plushie!" (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

I don't think that it would be a 'UKism' on such an American show. One of the same players later questions was regarding which countries the Bering Straight separates. The player had to ask the audience, and 8% of the audience said it was Canada and (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

(...) Actually, its more of a technical term. In the toy industry, plush is pretty much anything soft on the surface and squishy. My family used to run a couple of games at carnivals. That's where I ran into the term. Later, Gino A... (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)