 MediaWatch / 552
Re: NELUG is 02/26/02 Boston Globe.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:17:09 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, James Trobaugh writes:

Eric,

I liked your reply to the "too much time on your hands" comment at the end
of the article! I'll have to remember for future use.

Lol, do all AFOL's avoid TV!?
Josh
(whats that, news? oooh....)

Nice job guys!

jt

In lugnet.mediawatch, Eric Kingsley writes:
NELUG has been featured in the Boston Globe, today February 26, 2002.

http://www.nelug.org/homeshow/press/globe022602.jpg

Overall we are happy with the article although it suffers a little from what we
might call "selective compression".  The only error in the article is the
length of the bridge.  The real length is 17 feet.  I would have also have
liked a mention of our web site but oh well.

NELUG also appeared in several nightly news casts over the weekend.  We are
currently trying to collect them and if we can we will digitize them and put
them on our web site as well.

It is hard to put into words but you all should know that this was an extremely
high profile event in Boston and we have gotten a ton of press coverage.  This
can only be a good thing for our hobby.  It's not trains but it puts us more
into the main stream.

Pictures of the entire event are available on http://www.nelug.org/ and the
Home Show runs through March 3rd.

Eric Kingsley