 MediaWatch / 301 (-10)
  Update to Business 2.0 Article (was: LegOS forced to use another name?)

This update to the article discussed in this thread is taken from the November 2001 issue of Business 2.0. It isn't on (URL) so I thought I would run it through OCR and post it here for everyone to see. LUGNET gets a mention (but not a URL), and the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: lego/bruce lee homage ad

(...) Do you read magazines at work? ;-) Pedro (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  lego/bruce lee homage ad

Some time ago (about a month) I was reading a random magazine at work (I think it was called "The Source") and came across this ad for clothing which I immediatly ripped out and later scanned. Well, I've decided to share it with you all finally . . (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Update (Re: TLC recalls 6776)

I say bring back the recent RES-Q line, and expand it! That would promote a lot of heroism! I loved the RES-Q theme--too bad it got moved to (ugh!) Jack Stone.. -Scott (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Why recall 6776, why not 1349 ?

(...) Hm, I just bought the 1349 Steven Spielberg moviemaker set yesterday. If you leave the T-rex out of the set, you get two skyscrapers designed for destruction and one background with a city-skyline (before) and one with a destroyed skyline (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Update (Re: TLC recalls 6776)

(...) On the ABC Radio network news at the top of the 7 o'clock (PDT) hour this morning they mentioned the LEGO recall. It was the last blurb they did-- in the spot they generally reserve for news items of a lighter note. Maggie C. (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Update (Re: TLC recalls 6776)

(...) No. No LEGO in the Good catagory. Eric K. (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Update (Re: TLC recalls 6776)

(...) They (...) Did they show any of those horrible Jack Stone sets in the "good" category? (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: TLC recalls 6776

(...) story from AP yesterday: (URL) toy maker Lego ordered 120,000 boxes from the Alpha Team series withdrawn from stores after a complaint from South Carolina about the description of Ogel's "devices" in the toy's 78-page instruction booklet. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Update (Re: TLC recalls 6776)

(...) Interesting. Of course I'd qualify the Alpha Team theme as a whole as "Toys that promote Heroism". The comic in 6776 shows the "heros" prevailing. Perhaps the set would have been more acceptable with a couple Alpha Team minifigs and a small (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact