 MediaWatch / 2826
  'Star Wars' Universe set to invade LEGOLAND California

'Star Wars' universe set to invade LEGOLAND California By Brady MacDonald Los Angeles Times Staff Writer Jan. 6, 2011 A new "Star Wars" themed area at LEGOLAND California with 2,000 LEGO models will take visitors chronologically through scenes from (...) (13 years ago, 6-Jan-11, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.legoland, FTX)

  Re: 'Star Wars' Universe set to invade LEGOLAND California

(...) **snip** Makes me wonder what's going to disappear from Miniland. Anyone have any ideas? Play Well and Prosper, Doc Crandall "The Brick Detective" (13 years ago, 7-Jan-11, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: 'Star Wars' Universe set to invade LEGOLAND California

(...) There are couple areas in Miniland not being use. It really depends on the size of the Miniland display. -Abner (13 years ago, 7-Jan-11, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: 'Star Wars' Universe set to invade LEGOLAND California

(...) Abner-- I've not been to LL since 2006. Which areas are not in use, if you don't mind my asking. My hope is that this is more an addition, and not removing say, San Francisco or New York. Doc (13 years ago, 7-Jan-11, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: 'Star Wars' Universe set to invade LEGOLAND California

In lugnet.mediawatch, Matthew Crandall wrote: -snip- (...) There is an area in Miniland pretty big near the Washington, D.C. display. It has never been use or build on. -Abner (13 years ago, 7-Jan-11, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: 'Star Wars' Universe set to invade LEGOLAND California

(...) The lawn area near Washington D.C. is used for events (New Years Eve, etc) and will probably never be built upon. The safe bet is that Star Wars will replace Miniland Florida. The Kennedy Space Center was removed and sent to another park (...) (13 years ago, 7-Jan-11, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: 'Star Wars' Universe set to invade LEGOLAND California

In lugnet.mediawatch, John Cooper wrote: **snip** (...) John-- In looking at a map of LL, that makes the most sense. If all that's left is Daytona, they could make better use of that for such an area. Thanks for the input-- Doc (13 years ago, 7-Jan-11, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: 'Star Wars' Universe set to invade LEGOLAND California

(...) John, Yeah, thats the spot I was thinking. Thanks for the info. I am not sure what the LEGOLAND staff is planning to do. Makes me wonder 'if' Miniland Florida is gone. Will it be moved to LEGOLAND Florida? -Abner (13 years ago, 7-Jan-11, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: 'Star Wars' Universe set to invade LEGOLAND California

(...) **snip** Abner, John-- I posted the question on LL CA's FaceBook page. Here's the response I got back: "It is actually a little of both ... Daytona is dissapearing and we are expanding into the area around it." So John, you were pretty much (...) (13 years ago, 8-Jan-11, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)