 MediaWatch / 276 (-10)
  LegOS forced to use another name?

Article here: (URL) TLC may be talking to Marcus Noga about his use of "LegOS" for the open-source operating system for the Mindstorms RCX (see last page). I can see their point. Personally, I think "NogOS" has a bit of a ring to it 8?) What does (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch) !

  Danes in Toyland Article from March 2000 in Feed Magazine by Jessica Hundley

I did a search and found no references to this great article by Jessica Hundley entitled, "Danes in Toyland." See the whole article here: (URL) paragraph, to convince you to read the article: ' As a child, I had seen a grainy Land Camera photo of a (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Mindstorms - in IEEE Spectrum!

Hi all, All you engineers out there who are members of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers: I just received my latest issue of Spectrum, and it has a lengthy story on Mindstorms. Has some photographs of creations, such as Soren (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego article on slashDot

(...) IIRC... In the previous thread that discussed this (when it was just a Fast Company article instead of a slashdotted phenom) it was stated by someone that it wasn't designed in a day, it was approved in a day because someone (Brad?) walking (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego article on slashDot

A quote from the article: Product cycle times are falling: In time for Father's Day this year, Lego Direct, the catalog and Internet-sales division, produced the Sopwith Camel biplane kit. The plane was designed in a single day, and the kit was (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego and the Falkirk Wheel Project.

The engineering council produce a quarterly magazine 'engineering first', in this months magazine (August!) there is an interesting article on the Falkirk Wheel. The article within the 'engineering first' magazine discusses many of the concept ideas (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Anyone seen this yet?

MSNBC has a cute article on the new release of Mindstorms: (URL) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego article on slashDot

(...) LEGO® needs that 'Eye of the Tiger' again...-Harvey (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego article on slashDot

(...) Members signed in via the web interface decide that, in part, by their highlighting it. If you think it does, do that. I think the original article reference got highlighted fairly high... (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego article on slashDot

Funny enough, this article was mentioned in Lugnet already. I tried to figure the best place to send it, and hadn't seen the MediaWatch section. Silly me. (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact