 MediaWatch / 2699
Re: LEGOCLICK.COM : Find Your Inspiration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 2010 06:05:34 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Ted Godwin wrote:
   Too bad the site is confusing, difficult to navigate and has no clear purpose.

I concur. At the risk of appearing to exaggerate, I would call that just about the worst site I’ve ever visited, at least in terms of navigation. It seems to be intentionally designed to be off-putting and annoying to visitors. I don’t care if the site holds Coke’s secret recipe and tomorrow’s winning lottery numbers--it’s just not worth the effort.

The very first thing that visitors should see on the entry page is a toggle to enable them to view the site in “accessible mode” versus “frenetically ornamented mode.”

I’m reminded of every DVD I’ve ever viewed that hits you with 10 seconds of nonsense every time you try to access the menu or any sub-menu. After maybe 20 seconds (at most), it becomes unbearably annoying.

Sorry to seem so negative, but IMO the site’s design serves only to eclipse the usefulness of the site, whatever that might be.

Dave!