 MediaWatch / 2619
2618  |  2620
Subject:
LEGO® STAR WARS™ Celebrates 10 Years of the Force With 'The Quest for R2-D2'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:31:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

LEGO® STAR WARS™ Celebrates 10 Years of the Force With ‘The Quest for R2-D2’

/PRNewswire/- Fans follow search through online comics and mini movie to premiere on Cartoon Network -

ENFIELD, Conn., Aug. 24, 2009

-- LEGO Systems, Inc. continues its year-long celebration of 10 years of LEGO® STAR WARS™, its first licensed property, by inviting fans to join a search for R2-D2 in a fun-filled crossover event featuring the fan-favorite droid. Taking place through online animated comics that culminate in a 5-minute LEGO STAR WARS CGI animation mini movie, “The Quest for R2-D2” will premiere as a commercial event within Cartoon Network prime time programming on Friday, August 28, 2009 at 9p.m. EST.

Kids and kids at heart can visit www.StarWars.LEGO.com to find new comics, which follow the saga of the search for R2-D2.

“To commemorate the 10th anniversary of LEGO STAR WARS, we’ve created an engaging program for fans of any age that delivers the best of the STAR WARS franchise with the humor, versatility and fun of the LEGO brand,” said Michael Pratt, senior brand manager, LEGO Systems. “Each mini movie we have created and premiered on Cartoon Network has become a mini blockbuster, so we’re thrilled to add a new layer of engagement to the event with a series of online comics to tease the story and drive excitement for the premiere.”

“LEGO STAR WARS: The Quest for R2-D2” was produced by M2 Films.

For additional information on the comics, mini movie, and additional LEGO STAR WARS 10th anniversary celebrations please visit www.StarWars.LEGO.com

http://news.prnewswire.com/ViewContent.aspx?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/08-24-2009/0005081802&EDATE=

-end of report-