 MediaWatch / 261 (-5)
  Re: LEGO in Washington Post

(...) Well, it's nice that Michael and Christian were mentioned, but I'm wondering if they didn't come off as salivating adult geeks by being pegged alone...especially after so many of us were interviewed, and yet no mention was made of LUGNET, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  LEGO in Washington Post

It was mentioned a couple weeks ago that some AFOLs were interviewed for a Washington Post article - here it is: (URL) also found that WAMALTC was sort of mentioned in the "datebook" section on the 16th - for the Greenberg Toy and Train show this (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego in _Computer Gaming World_

For what it's worth... In the current issue of _Computer Gaming World_ (September, 2001) there is a (somewhat blurry) picture of a battlemech made of Legos submitted by a reader in the "Letters" column. Now if only they'd review "Lego Island 2" :-) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Report from RoboCup 2001

RoboCup 2001 Seattle, WA August 2-10 2001 Same story, multiple URLs: (URL) site: (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics.events)

  Lego mentioned on "Inside the Actors' Studio" by Mike Myers

When asked why his character "Dieter" always danced at the end of each show, Mike Myers said (paraphrased) "Well, we have sponsors, and the sponsors like it when we dance. Legos. The Lego people sponsor us." (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact