 MediaWatch / 2437
Re: Yet another LEGO thief hitting Target
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:22:29 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Jordan Schwarz wrote:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Frank Filz wrote:
http://www.wpbf.com/news/15366554/detail.html

Frank

One has to appreciate the quote from the obviously non-AFOL person in the
sheriff's office:

"There is apparently some type of nostalgic or intrinsic value for these Star
Wars Legos products, where individuals that are fans of Star Wars end up bidding
for these products and buying them on Ebay," Pete Palenzuela with the Palm Beach
County Sheriff's Office told WPBF News 25.

Those sound like fancy words for "LEGO sets are awesome!"

-Jordan

Yeah, I got a kick out of that quote as well.  To me it seems as if he
apparently just doesn't understand the attraction adults have to playing with
LEGO bricks.  Poor guy.  Anyway, this whole situation just makes me mad.  Lock
this jerk up and ban him from ever touching LEGO anything again.

-Dave