 MediaWatch / 2410
Re: Lego Brick 50th Anniversary on Sunrise!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 02:41:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
   Ahoy all,

In celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the 4x2 Lego Brick tomorrow (Jan 28), Lego builders will be featured on Channel 7’s ‘Sunrise’.

Building will commence at 6:05am, and there will be regular crosses to the builders during the show, with the MOCs finished by 8:20am.

Cheers

Richie Dulin
LEGO Ambassador
(Who’s got a very early start in the morning!)

Well, it happened! The alarm did go off at 4am...

More pics here once moderated.

It was a great experience to build something (technically rebuild something) on national television, and be part of the live-to-air interview.

The presenters liked our MOCs, and the behind-the-scenes guys liked my technic mechanism (and one of them even recognised my 35 year old train motor and battery box as like the one he’d had as a child!).

Cheers

Richie Dulin
LEGO Ambassador