 MediaWatch / 2385
Re: The Wild Side of Workspace Decorating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:51:42 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, John Radtke wrote:
http://www.appleone.com/Core/0703/cube.aspx

Old article though I couldn't find reference to it. No pics unfortunately but
still an interesting tidbit. The relevant quote:

-------
Cube Crazy: A Walk On the Wild Side of Workspace Decorating

"Then, there's the tale of one Seattle executive (not Microsoft) who demanded as
a condition of his employment a desk made entirely out of Legos. The desk had to
be custom made and used 35,000 little Lego bricks, over seven pounds of glue,
and cost $2000 in materials alone."

-------

Less than six cents a brick is pretty good. Anyone here build that one?

That would be Eric Harshbarger I believe.

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=21244

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=27207

That fink's efforts perpetually make my biggest MOCs look like microbes by
comparison!

Dave!