 MediaWatch / 2363
2362  |  2364
Subject:
Article with a bit more detail on giant "floating Lego man"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2007 21:03:17 GMT

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070807/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_dutch_lego_1;_ylt=AmA5s46wtcErWapX.tuShjTmWMcF

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A giant, smiling Lego man was fished out of the sea in
the Dutch resort of Zandvoort on Tuesday.

Workers at a drinks stall rescued the 2.5-metre (8-foot) tall model with a
yellow head and blue torso.

"We saw something bobbing about in the sea and we decided to take it out of the
water," said a stall worker. "It was a life-sized Lego toy."

A woman nearby added: "I saw the Lego toy floating towards the beach from the
direction of England."

The toy was later placed in front of the drinks stall.