 MediaWatch / 21 (-10)
  March 18, 2001 Baby Blues

Just got the Sunday paper, and the comic Baby Blues references Legos again. I think Lego bricks have appeared several times this comic strip. Cheers, --Ryan (URL) (24 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego Car On UPN

On UPN's Kid's Spot, they show/ed (I am not sure if it is still on) a small Lego dune-buggy that I own driving down a shelf. Small, comes with a radio and a beach guard. From at least 4 years ago. Strange that they use it in their commercials... (24 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Malcolm in the Middle

(...) The episode title was "High School Play" (the other major story line in the episode was that Malcolm got a role in the high school play), and it originally aired on December 13, 2000. (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  TLC at Canadian Museums

TLC held exhibits at the Canadian Museum of Nature and the Canadian Children's Museum. Kids could build with a Master Builder or watch Danish films. Cool. It's a "Name that Dinosaur" contest.. From Sunday, Mar 11, 2001. In Ottowa Citizen news: (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego in Mega Man 8

Just pointing this out because I haven't seen it mentioned before: In Mega Man 8 (produced by Capcom), the lower areas of Clown Man's stage are built out of purple and greenish Lego-like bricks. (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Big Momma's House

The boy in the movie Big Momma's House has a trunk full of toys, a large portion of which is LEGO. Also, there are several scenes where the small red buckets can be seen in the background. If I get a chance, I'll rent it again and capture some of (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Malcolm in the Middle

A recent episode of Malcolm in the Middle on Fox made use of a bunch of LEGO and other brands. Dewey and Hal filled a room with gigantic buildings, creating their own utopia. The terror in Hal's eyes as Dewey overthrew the peaceful triumvirate and (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Simsons again...

From season 6, "And Maggie makes Three", the Simpsons are looking through baby pictures. In the photo, Lisa has built a large castle out of colored blocks. In the next photo, Bart has knocked it down. :) --Bram (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  (canceled)

  Aussie movie reference

In the 1994 Australian movie "Adventures of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert" The youngest of the drag queens, Adam, is left alone with the young son, of one of the other characters. The boy asks Adam to play in his room with him and mentions the fact (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact