 MediaWatch / 2036 (-20)
  Adult Fun With the Bricks --- Rated M for violence & drugs

Some friends forwarded this to me & i thought that I'd share with y'all. I wouldn't reccomend that young viewers click on the link. Here it is: (URL) hope that this dosen't offend. -D (19 years ago, 7-Feb-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Feb. Wired is out

(...) Great article, with some good pictures. Also online at: (URL) a sidebar on Lego Factory, Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG (19 years ago, 30-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO Pinball in Popular Science!

Apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere already... We just received the February 2006 issue of Popular Science (with EZ Rockets on the cover). Gerrit Bronsveld and Martijn Boogaarts's amazing pinball machine has a one-page write up in the (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jan-06, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO® Mindstorms™ NXT new for 2006

(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 4, 2006-- (URL) LAS VEGAS --At the Consumer Electronics Show CES 2006 (URL) Consumer Robotics Pioneer Introduces Next Generation of Its Robotics Toolset Designed to Excite All Robotics Enthusiasts, from Novices to Experts LEGO® (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !

  Old news to us, but...

Check it out (URL) here.> 35. The name Lego came from two Danish words "leg godt", meaning "play well". It also means "I put together" in Latin. Dave! (19 years ago, 4-Jan-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.fun, lugnet.general, FTX)

  93 year old volunteer

While doing some year-end reading, I came across an article of a 93 year old man who uses LEGO© bricks to teach gifted kids in school. Please see the following link to the article in this actuarial magazine. (URL) well, Andreas Stabno (URL) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Lego outsourcing Duplo production

Let the outsourcing (and complaining) begin... (URL) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-05, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  James May's Top Toys

Tonight on BBC2 at 8pm, my girlfriend (Yvonne Doyle) and I will be on James May's Top Toys, talking about our mutual love for the brick. Hope you enjoy it! Pete (19 years ago, 21-Dec-05, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Arrested Development

Monday's episode of the brilliant (and therefore soon-to-be terminated) FOX show "Arrested Development" featured several references to LEGOLAND. One character, played by Dave "Bob McKenzie" Thomas, wore a LEGOLAND t-shirt. Dave! (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Hans Christian Anderson sculpture by Jeremiah VandeerMark

Hey all, Just saw (URL) story linked on ILENN>. Jeremiah VanderMark has been chosen to create a large public sculpture of Hans Christian Anderson for a park in Greenville Michigan. Congratulations, Jeremiah. Do you have pictures posted of your (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: Fox News Story in Washington, DC

(...) You only need to spend over $15,000 on Lego to be featured in a TV story? Hao-yang Wang (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Fox News Story in Washington, DC

(...) I tried to get home in time but I missed it. Only $15,000... hmmmm . he must be new to the hobby ;-) Christina (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Fox News Story in Washington, DC

(...) Well I just saw the story and it was not too bad. It was more about addictions and included a story about some lady in NC and her shoes. Does anyone know Houston Hall, who was featured in the story? He has over $15,000 worth of LEGO? I can’t (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Fox News Story in Washington, DC

(...) What? FOX News running a story of questionable timing and sensibility? What is this world coming to? Dave! (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Fox News Story in Washington, DC

Does anyone know about the Fox News Broadcast that is being aired tonight at 5:00 in Washington, DC? The story has been teased a few times yesterday and the story appears to be a negative story about adults that are addicted to LEGO. I really have (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Bug Build followup (was Re: Keynote presentation)

(...) (*ahem* and LUCNY too...) (...) *snip* As a followup to the Bug Build, there was this related press release today, an excerpt from (URL) Children's Medical Center together with LEGO Systems, officially opened the newly renovated waiting area (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Mindstorms on Slashdot

(...) And the next most important downside: Firmware is in PROM. No updates or alternative firmware, only Lego programming system, spirit.ocx or NQC. (19 years ago, 1-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Mindstorms on Slashdot

(...) Yes, but passive only. No light sensor or rotation sensor (but indeed encoders on internal motors) (...) No, only one. (...) Yes, and indeed this combo is great. But of course the motors are in fixed place - not very modular. Better than (...) (19 years ago, 1-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Mindstorms on Slashdot

(...) I wish people like the guy who wrote the article would actually do some research on the topic before publishing something like this, especially now that /. has picked it up. Now, of course, it is as good as gospel truth to millions of people. (...) (19 years ago, 1-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Mindstorms on Slashdot

(...) I also like the tri-blade part available in Gigamesh. Kev (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact