 MediaWatch / 1726 (-10)
  Mindstorms in Sacramento Bee, SacBB to get coverage

Hi all, Last Thursday (January 20, 2005) the Sacramento (CA) Bee had an article on Lego Mindstorms in a local school: (URL) it here> This Saturday they are sending a photographer out to our <www.sacbb.org Sacramento Brick Builders> meeting and (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Lego called Racist - "Boycott Legos [sic]"

(...) Except that those headlines are funny. This piece is pathetic. The bottom line is that the quality of writing and thinking displayed in this paper is worthy of a 12 year old, satire or no. William & Mary? Pleh. I weep. JOHN (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Lego called Racist - "Boycott Legos [sic]"

(...) I meant, it would not be out of place in The Onion. Headlines: "Lego Minifigs Aryan Yellow! Spoon Violence Follows Knife Ban!" -Erik (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Lego called Racist - "Boycott Legos [sic]"

(...) Hm...well, first off, I think this guy Dan gots issues. 1) He didn't do enough research to know how to say "Lego"..ie. "Legos"... 2) "Aryan Yellow"...that's a leap of faith. White folks are no more yellow than black/African-American folks are (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Lego called Racist - "Boycott Legos [sic]"

(...) Brian, go get him an Alpha Team iceblade--Dash (male) is the pilot. Same with the Police helicopter.. -Scott (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Lego called Racist - "Boycott Legos [sic]"

(...) I think the official line is that anytime something is licensed, then the flesh-colored figures can be used. If you look at the Ferrari sets, the crew is yellow, but Barichello and Shumacher are flesh-colored. Spider-Man, Harry Potter, and (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Lego called Racist - "Boycott Legos [sic]"

Hello! Political correctness leads to silliness. Bye Jojo (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego called Racist - "Boycott Legos [sic]"

(...) Wow. yet another poor, deluded schmoo in need of a life. I feel sorry for this fellow. I mean one has to have a pretty lousy outlook on life to be spending it trying to find racism in the commercial world and stil manage to miss so blatantly. (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  (canceled)

  Re: Lego called Racist - "Boycott Legos [sic]"

(...) To be honest, I was most upset by the title. Boycott? The article didn't even call for a boycott. Nor do I think that the article's voracity warranted one even in the eyes of the author. It seemed like the title was just meant to be attention (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact