 MediaWatch / 1620
Re: COLTC makes the Columbus, OH Dispatch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 00:17:00 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Scott Lyttle wrote:
http://www.dispatch.com/features-story.php?story=dispatch/2004/11/04/20041104-B1-01.html

Ok, so the guy said "Legos"...after cringing a bit, I read on...regardless
of the incorrect term, it's a good article...

I actually cringed a lot. Anyway, the interviewer was nice. This is actually the
fourth time my name appeared in the Dispatch (previous three times was non-Lego
related), the first 3 times they mentioned to misspell my name, this time they
got my name right. And, I swear, the word LegoS never left my lips. They did
however got my department wrong (physiology and cell biology, not pathology),
and did not quite use the correct spelling of the university, it is The Ohio
State University, not Ohio State University (the "the" is part of the actual
name), you'd think Columbus' (and Ohio's I believe) biggest newspaper should get
that right.

Regardless, it was a positive article, and appeared on the front page of the
second section of the paper, and meanwhile has been read by ~250.000+ Ohioans.
This afternoon I tought a class at a local middleschool, they already had the
paper on their newsboard. Good exposure for our group, and AFOLs/Lego in
general.

The local weekly free paper that is distributed in several suburbs around
Columbus had also ran a story and picture(s?) about our group and the display, I
haven't read it, but I've heard it was on the front page yesterday. Monday some
more exposure to come for our group, different Media this time, we'll post next
week....

Paul
COLTC