 MediaWatch / 1580
1579  |  1581
Subject:
Save LEGO Pirates Campaign
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:47:37 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I found the following at the Talk Like a Pirate Day
website<http://www.talklikeapirate.com/> in their most recent newsletter
<http://www.talklikeapirate.com/poopdeck14.html>:

---
A Plea For Help In a Worthy Cause

Finally, we received the following missive Justin Gifford. It's a cry for help,
and it's up to all of us to help in this most worthy endeavor to correct an
outrage!

"It's just come to my attention that Lego no longer produces the Pirate line! As
a child, I didn't know there were any other kinds of Legos, and when I found out
I couldn't figure out who would want to play with any Legos that weren't
pirates. And now millions of children won't have that privilege. I've gotten as
many people as I can to write to Lego and this tragedy, but I don't think our
few voices will be enough ... Children around the world deprived of a basic
freedom - to pursue little blocky yellow people with plastic bandanas and
cutlasses - will be thankful."

Bring a tear to yer eye, doesn't it? Well then, what are you waiting for.
Contact the Lego company and let them now this just must not be allowed to
stand!

They have an online contact form at
<http://www.lego.com/eng/service/contactusform.asp>

Their physical mailing address is: