 MediaWatch / 1546 (-5)
  Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks

(...) PR Newswire is a service that distributes raw press releases from myriad companies, for a fee. The release (above) is straight from MB, hence it's not intended to be a fair and balanced news article... rather, it's that company's own raw (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks

(...) That's only because Mickey Mouse can't be patented. If he could, you'd be able to renew patents by now. Disney would have seen to it. (...) Since TLC only owned the patent on the fully tubed variety, and none of those clones seems to use a (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks

(...) Well, TLC certainly seems to agree, which is why they've been fighting tooth-and-nail to make everyone else stop making clone bricks. (...) Patents expire, whether you want them to or not. The idea is that you can patent something that you (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks

(...) Hmm. My mistake. I thought you could renew patents, but I guess not. (...) Those are pretty neat! Dave! (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks

(...) Uh-- did they really 'allow' it to expire? I was under the impression that the patent lasted 20 years, then 'tough noogies'. 1958 was the patent year for the stud-and-tube system, so 1978 would fit the bill... I was interested to see some of (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact