 MediaWatch / 129
Re: AT&T commercial w/LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:32:39 GMT

According to my friend at A&TT who helped with this animation the bricks
studs say att77 on them.
--
Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D.

"Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@home.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.mediawatch, George Haberberger wrote:

In lugnet.mediawatch, Shiri Dori writes:
This was on ABC... the commercial used a simulation of bricks to build a
phone, a roaring lion, and other stuff (can't remember what else). It • wasn't
neccessarily LEGO bricks per se, but bricks with studs nonetheless. Too
small to even try to make out any lettering on the studs, but I'm • guessing
there is none. The bricks fly in the air and "build themselves".

Yeah, I saw that, it was pretty amazing. I assume it was all done on a
computer, I wonder what software they used, and if they placed every • brick
by "hand", or if they just drew a volume and had the software use a • best-fit
emthod to fill it with bricks.

I'm guessing it was a mix of the manually-placed and auto-fill methods.
They probably started by telling the computer to generate the parts and
movements, then modified the script for better visuals/impact.

Steve