 MediaWatch / 105
104  |  106
Subject:
Bionicle Comics and Cards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 15:55:04 GMT

Not sure if we all know about this or not, as I am not currently a member of
the LEGO Builders Club (TLG run thing in the U.S.), but a friend who is gave me
a copy of a DC Comics Issue Number 1 of Bionicle, a mini-series that is based
on the new LEGO Bionicle/Technic figures.  Of course, maybe it wasn't through
the Club since she is more of a Comic collector than a LEGO enthusiast.  In any
event, anyone who is excited about print paraphernalia related to LEGO (like
the old Pirate Comic Book) might be encouraged to check out their local Comic
Store.

There is also and ad on the back of the comic for a new Trading Card Game for
the same theme...

Of course, now I have to collect the whole series and probably get caught up in
buying the figures too.  Oh, how easy I succumb to blatant marketing ploys...
:)

--H.