 Marketplace / Theory / 907
906  |  908
Subject:
"Watch" auctions on eBay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 00:56:04 GMT

I daresay others have noticed the new "watch" feature on eBay (you can
watch and auction and keep an eye on it without actually bidding). This
is great in some ways but with the sniping culture on eBay I can see it
making things worse - instead of people bidding on things when they are
new, no-one will bid at all until the last minute (they will watch
instead) thus reducing the final price for the seller and frustrating
bidders even more. Anyone else got an opinion on this? I wonder if it's
possible to get a list of who is watching an auction?

Kevin
--
Email: kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com
Web page: