 Marketplace / Theory / 861
Re: Misleading eBay description
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:56:21 GMT

Really. I have a box of 30 or so sitting here from the last couple of
weeks sorting. He had TWO auctions like that, not just one. But there
are enough dummies on eBay that all you have to is say RARE and they
believe you. Hmm, perhaps we could put up a "what's rare... what's not"
page.

Unfortunately, what is actually rare is hard to define.  What is rare
depends on the type of sets that you purchase and/or are available in your
area.  What might be rare to someone might be quite common to someone else.

For example, the Large Technic Turntable piece.  It's only in a few sets,
and those are usually the larger sets (and as a service pack I believe).
This piece could be considered rare and hard to find to some, especial
people who don't have access to service packs.

For me, however, thanks to a purchase of many Space Shuttles from
ZanyBrainy, i've got PLENTY of these and don't consider them very rare.  Of
course, before that purchase I didn't have any, and considered it pretty
rare!

Troy