 Marketplace / Theory / 844
  Re: Pulled off a snipe.

(...) I don't get it. You could have just bid $100, and since the second-highest bidder bid $95, you would still get the item for $96. If the other bidder really wanted this item as bad as you did, s/he should have set a higher maximum bid up front, (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Pulled off a snipe.

(...) IF they didn't decide to go 101. By sniping, they didn't get the chance to decide to do that. They tried to snipe me at 95 with 20 seconds left... I sniped back and it was in fact the fact that I did it with only 10 seconds left that denied (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)