 Marketplace / Theory / 757
Re: New meaning for "factory sealed"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 06:58:04 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Mike Stanley wrote in message ...
On Fri, 7 Jan 2000 23:52:23 GMT, "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com>
wrote:

Check out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=232473135

for a new meaning for "factory sealed".

Hrmmm - I thought the large gray baseplates had labels on the plastic
on the front, but I don't remember how these look packaging-wise.  Is
it "possible" that they are actually sealed?  Doesn't look like it...

Well, as far as I know, the firestation baseplate has never been sold
separately...

I'm assuming the seller mixed up his text with another auction.

They must have.  I'm not sure they've ever "sealed" a 16x32 baseplate.
But I also wouldn't be surprised if they're using "factory sealed" like
people use "nice" or "mint condition."  At least the picture is there for
the buyer to query about.

best

Lindsay