 Marketplace / Theory / 568
  Re: When is "Not an Auction" really an auction?

(...) I'm not sure that it always favors the seller. I think it depends on the item and the seller. The state of North Carolina runs a weekly sealed bid auction for surplus property (actually they include some jobs also, they occaisionally "sell" (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: When is "Not an Auction" really an auction?

In lugnet.market.theory, Frank Filz writes: [snip] (...) eBay's proxy can be used by your alter-ego/shill too. Not that I have seen it but I have read some rather intersting How-To and HTHTY posts in newsgroups about the abuse of dual accounts and (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: When is "Not an Auction" really an auction?

(...) Of course shill bidding is not unique to proxy bidding systems, though it does provide a way for the shill to obtain more information about your maximum bid if they over bid you, cancel the bid, and then re-bid just under your maximum bid. On (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)