 Marketplace / Theory / 548
  Re: When is "Not an Auction" really an auction?

(...) If you insist. :) But to me, an auction is anything where the final price is determined by 1 seller and multiple (potential) buyers. So, yes, OBO's and SB auctions are the same thing. Auctions. <grin, duck> The difference to me is as much one (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: When is "Not an Auction" really an auction?

(...) So ticket scalping in the back parket lot is an auction? Selling a 20-gallon aquarium at a garage sale is an auction? An stock market IPO is an auction? Those are all things where the final price is determined by 1 seller and multiple (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)