 Marketplace / Theory / 2769
Re: Copyright notice concerning Brickmania / Daniel Siskind's models.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 2009 15:49:11 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Daniel Siskind wrote:
   I have recently resigned my “real job” in order to fully concentrate on the new generation of Brickmania kits and instructions. With a family to support this means I have to be very conscious about making a positive return on my investment of time and money.

I commend you for taking this leap of faith while staying within the Lego world that so many of us love.

I’ve heard so many stories and theories about how hard it is to make money making and selling custom sets (esp. when it’s a primary income source), but I’ve seen no hard data one way or another. I can’t imagine that it’s easy and the flucuations of the economy can’t be helpful. But I wish you success and hope that it all works out for you.

I figured that I’d post a reply here instead of over on BrickLink(r) since posts like yours tend to create a firestorm of quasi-legal opinions about all kinds of things.