 Marketplace / Theory / 2679
2678  |  2680
Subject:
Where has all the Duplo gone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 02:44:48 GMT

As a big AFOL and also a parent, I always make a point to scope out the Duplo
section when shopping.

But what I have noticed is that (at least in Singapore), the amount of shelf
space allocated to Duplo is now miniscule. Just one tub and train set (which is
old stock anyway) and a few play sets (Ferrari, construction and hospital). No
baby toys, no Primo, no Quatro.

Are you seeing the same in the US? Or is this reduction just in Asian markets?

In addition, there is now very little to choose from at Shop @ Home.

What happened? Did the Explore fiasco kill the brand? Is Lego ceding this market
to Megabloks?