 Marketplace / Theory / 2627
Re: Weekly Update of New AuctionBrick Items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 19:40:20 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Rob Doucette wrote:
In lugnet.market.theory, John Riley wrote:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Troy Cefaratti wrote:
In lugnet.market.auction, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

200 copies is a bit much to stomach when you singled out Troy (who, by the way,
only buys stuff when it's on clearance or when you yourself are willing to sell
it to him in large quantities) the way you did in your announcement post. You're
fingering the wrong leech, er, person.

I just want to point out that Jake was just poking some good-natured fun at me,
atleast that is how I took it.  I am well known for my pictures of large
purchases.  In this case, unfortunately, the limits and my lack of funds have
prevented any such large purchases.

As for the person mentioned, I do not believe that he actually has as many as he
claims.  And at $200/each he is not in danger of selling to many of them, so
there is little chance that he will get caught inflating his inventory.

Troy

So out of curiousity, what's the incentive for inflating an inventory?  I tend
to avoid sellers who have unrealistic inventories, so they're losing business
from buyers like me.

John

Here's a good explanation:

http://news.lugnet.com/dear-lego/?n=4772

Also, AuctionBrick doesn't have listing fees.  The same stunt on eBay would be
expensive at a $200 starting bid.

-Rob.
(my 5 are waiting for me at the UPS Store)

Well, that's a possible explanation for an auction.  But this particular seller
also has large numbers for sets in the bricklink store.  Furthermore, the sets
can only be purchased in an unrealistic quantity (198 Metroliners).

So what's the logic behind listing 198 metroliners which noone is likely to buy?

John