 Marketplace / Theory / 2486
    Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call —Kerry Raymond
   The problem with ebay is that it is trying to simulate a live auction (as opposed to a sealed bid auction) on a worldwide basis. Now a normal auction is held in one place and all the bidders (or their agents) are present throughout the auction. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call —Frank Filz
   (...) Kerry, That's a really well written analysis. Some problems with open ended bidding: - a day may not be enough - too long an extension results in auctions which do drag out (Serious Collector had this problem as I have mentioned before) I (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.theory)