 Marketplace / Theory / 2241
Re: Is buying sculptures as a source of cheap bricks a good deal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:48:04 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Peter Stoffel writes:
  I am considering purchasing a LEGO sculpture for the bricks.  i.e. #3723
LEGO Mini Figure or #10018 Darth Maul.  The cost/piece comes out to around
$0.085 each (including freight).  By comparison, a 50 piece bag 2:4 bulk
bricks from S@H is $0.139 /piece.

  Does anyone have any feedback on:
1) The types of bricks normally in a sculpture.  Are they mostly 2:4 or 1:2?
Are there many longer/bigger bricks included?  (The reason I ask is that a
2:8 brick in a S@H bulk pack costs $0.36 /piece, so I'm thinking the more
large-size bricks are included the better the deal, no?)

Some sculpture inventories are available in Dan and Jenn Boger's Peeron
Database
http://www.peeron.com/inv/theme/LEGO_Sculptures
and in particular you can find the Mini Figure's inventory at
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/3723?withpics=yes
(wow; a source of 2x8 blue bricks to put the Moon Landing to shame. . .)

I don't know about the Darth Maul bust, but it sure would be nice if someone
did an inventory :-)

TWS Garrison