 Marketplace / Theory / 175
Re: 4.5v trains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:20:08 GMT

David Eaton wrote in message ...
I may soon be having access to a bunch of 4.5v train sets, that I'll • probably
be auctioning off (since I'm not a huge train fan). However, I don't • usually
see much about 4.5v trains, it's usually 9v or 12v trains. Is this because
there aren't a lot of 4.5v trains going around out there, or because there
isn't as big a demand for them?

   They are pretty demanded (not the track, but the trains and cars are).
Some of these you listed are very tough to find, and I would say they don't
come up very often because there aren't many out there.  There is
defintitely a demand for everything you listed.

I'm just curious so I know what I can expect for potential values of the • train
sets... There's an auction on RTL right now with several 4.5v sets-- two of
them are going for ridiculous prices ($85 and $200, probably because • they're
actual train cars?) while the spare track sets aren't selling at all. Any
general ideas on what to expect?

   Lots of money!
--
   Have fun!
   John
AUCTION Page (More soon!)
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/2-many-toys/
TRADE Page http://www114.pair.com/ig88/lego/index.htm
MOC,CA++++(6035)SW,TR,old(456)+++TO++PI,SP+DU--#+++++
ig88888888@stlnet.com & IG88888888 on AOL
Specifically:
150 Straight Track
154 Switch Track (right & left)
155 Misc. Tracks (2 x rails, 8 straight, 4 base plates)
7720 Battery Train Set
7814 Crane Wagon
7818 Passenger Coach
7820 Mail Van