 Marketplace / Theory / 1559
    Re: Next year —James Brown
   In lugnet.general, Kevin Zwicker writes: <snip> (...) Hmm. Interesting. I would *guess* that this is only partly right. It seems reasonable to me that if LEGO tells a store to put set X on sale, then LEGO takes the hit. But at the same time, there (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Retailing (was Re: Next year) —Andreas Stabno
   (...) margin (...) I wouldn't be surprised if LEGO retailing is similar to the automobile industry. The manufacturer sells the sets/cars to the retailer/dealer for a specified price and provides pricing stability through the MSRP. Retailers/Dealers (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.theory)