 Marketplace / Theory / 1535
Re: Yet another LAZY eBay seller...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 06:05:55 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Will Middelaer writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, John Robert-Blaze Kanehl writes:

Take a look at ebay auction: 433145182 7140 x-wing ending 9/16

Hey, at least this seller did not copy the part of your listing where you talk
about how lazy seller's steal your description.

Funny how that part disappeared...lol

I had a problem like this many months ago when I wrote a "fun" description for
my 6038 Wolfpack Renegades and 7850 4.5V straight track auctions.  Some other
seller that had the same items copied wholesale (pardon the pun ;-) my
descriptions.  After a short note to ebay listing the pertinent auction
numbers and giving a brief desription of the problem, the other auctions
disappeared.  I am not sure if ebay cancelled the auctions or if the seller
cancelled them after being warned.the other seller and their now bland, poorly-
written descriptions drawing
lower prices than my auctions!

I may do what you did...right now I seem to have contracted some malicious
virus and I am a little "moody".  The Tavist D and other meds seem to be
affecting my judgement and communication skills.  By the time I composed a
sensible/logical note to eBay...my auction will have ended (about 12
hours)...lol

Send a note to ebay.  Copying your text, even if you didn't bother with the
(c) mark is still a violation of the ebay terms of service.

That was my interpretation when I went throgh them again last time...

Plus, it is fun to watch the thieves squirm!

I don't usually derive pleasure from causing someone else pain (unless it's
pool, or darts or something = )
BUT, I think you are right, it might be fun for a goof..

I took great pleausure seeing the items relisted shortly after this event by

Will

P.S.  I like your descriptions.  They are fresh, and you should not let the
pirates benefit from the product of your labor by stealing your work.

Thank You and Good point!  (a succinct way of stating my argument)

Intellectual property theft is a form of slavery!

Never thought of it that way, but your point is well taken as above...

                     John