 Marketplace / Theory / 149
    Re: The four types of markets (was Re: Reverse (buyer's) auction for train windows and other parts —Robert Farver
   (...) Not quite, in eBays dutch auction, you specify a quantity and bid. Your bid is what you are willing to pay PER item. For instance, if there are 25 widgets up for auction, and you bid $4 for quantity ten, your maximum bid is $40. If there were (...) (25 years ago, 5-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: The four types of markets (was Re: Reverse (buyer's) auction for train windows and other parts —Robert Munafo
   (...) wrote: (...) I would call both of these "standard" auctions simply because it's the buyers who outbid each other. This is true even for auctions where all the buyers bid at the same time (which I call "closed silent" auctions) because the bids (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.theory)