 Marketplace / Theory / 1470
  Re: a couple of great bid retractions...

(...) explaination (...) late ones hurt.. (...) You definitely aren't alone. I've been lucky with only one retraction out of about 300 auctions but it was a lame 'no $' hours before close and cost me quite a bit. While browsing though I see more (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: a couple of great bid retractions...

(...) Well, this might be a crazy idea, but how about if e-bay automatically ended the auction when someone retracted and restarted? Or maybe extended the auction by the amount of time the retractor had a successful bid? I could see as a bidder it (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: a couple of great bid retractions...

(...) I am somewhat reassured and concerned that others are seeing this now... (...) I have not done much browsing lately, but I did see that I was high bidder a couple of times recently when the bid that beat mine was retracted. (...) I agree with (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.theory)