 Marketplace / Theory / 1157
    Re: US Customs Duties on Lego Shipments from Europe? —Lindsay Frederick Braun
    (...) I always mark "gift," in part because I'm not incorporated as a business. I did in this case, and the Germans felt obliged to levy a tariff--I was buying as a proxy to get things unavailable, which I feel is a gift as an act. (...) This is a (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: US Customs Duties on Lego Shipments from Europe? —James Brown
   (...) Odd. The one I have says "IF the package contains..." (emphasis mine), which certainly implies that nothing has to be checked off, and I've only ever checked them when they apply (I have sent the occaisional gift). James (URL) getting paid for (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.theory)