 Marketplace / Shopping / 9622
9621  |  9623
Subject:
Here's a new one
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 00:21:55 GMT

I was in Target yesterday. Spotted a Railway Express that was missing about
80% of the pieces. There was no discount sticker, so I took it to the
cashier to see what kind of discount I could get. Cashier calls the manager,
who sends someone to the Lego aisle to retrieve a complete set. Tha manager
compares the two, and agrees that the one I brought up is incomplete

However, the manager refuses to sell me the incomplete set. She said if I
wanted a Railway Express, I would have to pay full price (ie, buy a complete
one) and that the incomplete one could be sold only if there were no other
copies of the set in the store.

Has anyone heard of this "policy"?