 Marketplace / Shopping / 9601
Re: walmart clearence
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 01:23:55 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, John Morgan writes:
One walmart I was at today had the Bionicle 8538 clearenced for $9.99 and
slammer turbo for $15. Another walmart had the same bionicle set clearenced
at $49.99 This second walmart also had $5 off a few other items. I didn't
get the Bionicle set because I don't like Bionicle. However, someone here
might. Also, here's a question: Is the set worth getting for a non-Bionicle
fan at $9.99?

If you are a Technic fan it could be worth it-- it has two treads and tons of
liftarms.  Also if you have a Bricklink store you could make a lot of your
money back by selling the four masks-- they are running $3-$4 on BL.  Better
for parts is 8549 Tarakava (Target had it for around $12).  It has the treads
and also four 1 x 16 black bricks w/ holes and six shock absorbers among other
things.  Best thing would be to check out the inventories on peeron to see if
they contain parts you'd want.

Maggie C.