 Marketplace / Shopping / 9594
9593  |  9595
Subject:
Collector Grade from Star Wars Fan Club store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:12:13 GMT

Thought I'd comment on my recent experience ordering from
http://swfan.wizards.com.  I purchased several Gungan Subs when they cleared
them out recently.  These were marked as Collector Grade as many things on
their site are.  Such items typically demand a significantly higher price as
well (see the Droid Fighter @ $3.99
http://swfan.wizards.com/product.asp?ProductID=4538 vs. @ $9.99
http://swfan.wizards.com/product.asp?ProductID=11015.)

Now I was getting them for parts so I didn't care, but if I'd been gunning
for truly collectible items I would have been extrememly displeased.  The
sets were packed loose in a box with a small piece of packing paper that
didn't fill up the empty space in one dimension much less all three.  The
shipping box and the set boxes clearly received damage during their FedEx
mailing.

Don't know about you but I would expect a better than average packing job
from someone who makes a practice of charging higher prices for Collector
Grade items.

my 2 cents,

John